Monday, January 17, 2011

Simplicity.


I love you Obakki leather maxi.
(source: shopsheboutique.com)


Amidst the impending reality of life, and all the pressures of the world I thought I would take a moment to stop and appreciate some simple pleasures in life:

1. The smell of fresh laundry, especially when it's a new detergent (mmmm)
2. How much the trees in my front yard have grown, if I hadn't been taking pictures of them I would've never noticed
3. Synchronicity and the collective unconscious (like when those around you seem to be riding on the same wavelength)
4. Productivity (whether its finally sitting down to read a book, make that banana bread you've been meaning to, or finishing those pesky grad apps...)
5. Writing letters!!!! Old school all the way (who needs to e-mail or text when you have a pen and paper!)
6. Being happy with what you've got
7. Spending time with friends and family
8. Cooking and sharing a delicious family style meal with all of those you love
9. Grocery shopping (I understand this may be the last thing people enjoy, but I think it may have something to do with my obsession for food)
10. Taking care of yourself (my latest obsession has been skincare, but whether its externally or internally, its always best to give yourself that love before trying to give it to someone else)

I also really enjoy mountains, hiking, travel, canada, oatmeal, running, eating, laughing, swimming, triathlons, meeting new people..... the list is endless.

oh! and of course, a good dance party.


No comments:

Post a Comment