Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To Humble Beginnings.

11:30. Alas. Commitment.

After tossing around the idea of starting a blog, I've finally taken the "blog plunge." Egads! Although I imagine this isn't anything like the first few hours I spent in Shanghai (dirty, tired, and in fear of my life - no thanks to my family's horror stories about hair thieves, pickpockets, and squatting urination et al. ::shudder::) I still feel like it's the first day of school. Nervous. Excited. Anxious...
Nausea. Heartburn. Indigestion. Upset Stomach. Diarrhea. Pepto anyone?

I kid.

Well, everything except the diarrhea. But I digress, blogging has become such a wonderful source of inspiration for me lately. I know that it's been around for some tim
e now, but I've never taken the time to really look at how developed it's become in the areas of fashion, food, travel, etc. It's absolutely amazing. Although I'm not really sure why I wanted to start my own, I also figured I probably don't need a reason. Prior to the commitment, I had many reservations about putting myself out there. Afraid of my mediocrity, sub par writing abilities, and sounding like Eeyore. "Whyyyy botherrr, everyone else will have a better blog anywhooo." I decided to push my hesitations aside, and realize what a great opportunity this could be! If anything, it seems like a great way to document thoughts, share ideas, experiences, make connections, and observe growth. I've always been very interested in self-discovery and I've come to realize that I learn and grow the most when I'm able to exchange these ideas with others. So cheers to new adventures and a new year.

1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE AWESOME! I ALSO WANT TO SEE SOME KEWL FASHION ENTRIES~!

    ReplyDelete